Ayurveda and Body Building
Most of the men wish to have strong muscles and shapely bodies and they want to look like Arnold Schwarzenegger– the pumping iron. In order to have the macho look, men are resorting to many unhealthy practices and food supplements, resulting in the permanent loss of health.
‘Ayurveda for body building’, most of you might never thought of such a possibility, while resorting to artificial protein supplement to improve your muscles. Ayurveda–the natural healing system of India has much to speak about keeping body fit and healthy.
Benefits of Ayurveda
Ayurveda is beneficial for the body builders in many ways:
- Ayurveda herbs’ magical properties can be incorporated to develop strong muscles, naturally
- Following the natural Ayurveda way relives fatigue associated with the exercise regimen
- Provides healthy and fit body in long run
- Ayurvedic health supplements are natural and cause no side effects. Since, the side effects of artificial protein supplements are yet to be known
- Ayurveda improves the resistance of the body
Ayurveda and Exercise Regimen
Ayurveda sees regular exercise as a mean to create radiant health, vibrant body and fitness. At the same time exercise should be balanced and limited. The duration and type of exercise varies according to the individuals.
Researchers have found that over exercise does harm the body and would result in the chronic fatigue syndrome. It would create imbalance in the body and would result in undesired results.
Ayurveda prescribes exercise that would not burn more than 50% of your energy. The amount of exercise also depends upon the factors like age, gender, season and body type.
Tips for healthy exercise
- Exercise in the morning before 9 O’ clock
- Stop exercise if it pains
- Don’t do over exercise
- Avoid late evening exercise or bed time exercise
- Avoid exercise on full stomach, exercise minimum 2 hours after your meal
- Drink plenty of water during the day
- Eat fruits or vegetables before exercise
- Take bath after exercise
- Reduce the duration exercise in the summer, during the winter and spring you can exercise more
- Do light oil massage to relieve off fatigue
- Take Ayurvedic health supplements if necessary, avoid artificial protein supplements and steroids
Ashwagandha–Ayurvedic herb for body building
Ashwagandha or Indian ginseng has many medicinal qualities. It contains steroidal alkaloids and steroidal lactones and used as an adaptogen as it enhances endurance and rejuvenates the body. The unique medicinal qualities of Ashwagandha which make it suitable supplement for body builders are listed below:
- Enhances the endurance and rejuvenates the body
- Increases the body energy level
- Increases the immunity
- Contains anti-inflammatory properties
- Increases appetite
So, don’t go for artificial health supplements and steroids, use Ayurvedic herbal products and have that macho look!
Consult Ayurvedic practitioner for expert advice.